The Shorter the Skirt, the Higher the Kick

Guttural writing and interactive mind games from 'the sweetest girl on the Internet'. No minors or morally outraged, please! ;-)

Topic: Final(?) Push


Dear (still mostly) faceless Internet friends: I may get a job in graphic design!


Dad knows someone who knows someone...you know...so I'm scheduled for an interview on April 4th. It'll be nice to have something to do, at least until the fall when I probably should go back to school. At the same time, I panic a little (as usual when I start something new), and feel that I haven't finished what I started before I move on.



I have contacted all you (serious) XMLive donors individually to thank you, but I could have done more, and may get less time to do it in the future. So here is my question to you, friends: Would you like to sponsor me doing something for XMLive, before a big part of my day is 'lost in dreary toil'? (Don't worry; I'll still find time for you.)



What would you like to see me doing? I don't mean something pointless like walking ten miles for charity, but more something like helping to feed the homeless a couple of times, or giving a few violin concertos in retirement homes, or maybe help out during breaks in some school for a few days. I'm not quite sure how any of this works in Sweden, but I'll quickly find out, and I promise to publish picture proof of my activities.



It doesn't matter which of these things you decide I should do – giving feels good, regardless. So let's put it to a vote:



Anyone who donates at least USD20 (which you can do from any country with any currency) to support XMLive may vote on what I should do by entering a suggestion in the 'Donor Information:' field on the PayPal donation page. Just write 'feed homeless', 'play for the elderly', or 'help schoolkids'. If you rather would like to see me do something else which is practically possible to accomplish within a reasonable time frame, write that instead.



I hereby solemnly swear to try my best to do whatever the majority of donors want me to do, and make a picture of it available to all voters. Scout's honor! So donate money for me, cast your votes, and let's work together to make this world a better place!


2 bounce-backs:

Anonymous Anonymous says...,

WONDERFUL AND WONDERFUL THAT SOMEONE MAKES PRACTICAL USE OF THIS SPACE FOR A CHANGE

 
Blogger Jakob says...,

Thank you so much, and thank you for your donation and vote. Keep them coming!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home